Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chasing rainbows….


Looking at the sun in the misty sky,

I wonder what it would be like, to be so high,

To smile like a rainbow,

Without a care, or a hint of despair,

Much like the yesteryears, when you found me here,

Lying in this somber puddle of remorse and lucubrity,


You brought a smile, when the rest couldn’t care;

When I needed you, you were always there,

Now that we have parted, I cannot do much but despair,

Perhaps you think it is only fair, for you to leave me here?

But now that I know what is over there, how, pray is this fair?


Oh, how I miss your scent drifting in the air,

Your sweet taste slither in my mouth,

Your warm breath down my throat,

Your softness rub across my finger, mine to mould,

The oblivion you induced, the dreams we saw,

The highs and lows, the hopes and fears,


If this be true, you say, then why part ways?

Reality dawned, I say, pellucidity prevailed,

In your quest for joy, you painted a world of lies,

I don’t blame you for this,

For in my quest, I have sinned far worse,

For I have changed, for better? nay, for worse,

For it was my hand which held the brush,

For you just gave me the colours, green, brown and black,

For In my quest I have left what was always around, always mine,

For someone who was never meant to be,

For something which was never meant to be,

For a rainbow is after all an illusion,

For instead of draining the puddle, I filled it to the brim,


But why was I so blind?

Why did I yearn for someone, who was never mine?

Perhaps it was greed, or perhaps it is the insecurities of my mind.

4 comments:

Backyard Tourist said...

before the critics have a go at this, and let mockery rum amok, i would like the uninitiated to know that a mixture of hash, grass and tobacco(at the option of the maker) is also called a rainbow, apart from the conventional ones you get to see, i have referred to both these kinds.

Revolver said...

I know, I know. I completely missed the point initially. But now that I have grasped it- how does a first time poet create such images?

Backyard Tourist said...

i kind of surprised myself with this one i must admit :).
i guess u could call it beginners luck,,,,,the poems after these are disappointing to say the least,,,,have to read some poetry to write better i guess,,,there is only so far tht melancholy will take you....

bidisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.